HYE I'M AREDILA NICE TOO MEET YOU

LOVE LOVE LOVE


“A rose by any other name would smell as sweet,” may say just what you’re thinking, but if the love of your life knows his or her Shakespeare, you may find yourself all alone and wondering “what light through yonder window breaks.”

That’s because the real line of love spoken by Juliet was actually, “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”

Thankfully, you don’t have to recall your high school English class to find the perfect love poems. Love poems can easily be found on the Internet these days, and if you go to the right site, you don’t even have to know the author or the poem. All you have to do is punch in the words you remember of your favorite love poems, and voila! – back comes the search result containing the love poems that will make the love of your life swoon and fall madly into your arms.

While you could labor over love poems yourself, trying to convey your deepest feelings, you can let some of the most romantic minds who have ever lived say it for you. Chances are good that if you’re in love, there are already love poems that capture it perfectly in beautiful, thoughtful prose.

Who wouldn’t love to receive a card with one of Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s classic poems:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Who wouldn’t open their arms and their heart to such a lovely thought? Not only do famous love poems capture the essence of pure love, but they also show that you know your poets and poetry.

Of course, there are plenty of romantic poems from contemporary authors. If “thees” and “thous” aren’t really your speed, you can go with something more modern. As long as there has been love, there have been love poems.

Take for example, the eloquent words of contemporary writer (she’s on Facebook even) Celmarique Swartz:

You came into my life on a simple way
Told me you love me almost everyday
Showed me happiness and made me smile
I started to love you after awhile.
My wish is that our love may never die
I wished that from the day we gave us a try
When I woke up this morning you were on my mind
Love you completely although they say love is blind.
Forever yours that's how I feel
I trust you completely for real.

Who says love and romance are dead? As you can see, love poems and the authors who felt so deeply that they took time to labor over each word and phrase, can say so much in so little space.

We are not only blessed that they have helped us express our deepest feelings through their love poems, but that sites exist where these words have been immortalized, so we can all express ourselves, even when we’re momentarily speechless, caught up in a moment of love and longing.

No comments:

Post a Comment